Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How to create VM from snapshot on XenServer 5.6

XenServer gives you feature to create VM from Snapshot. In order to do that right click on snapshot on snapshot window

image

Then it will list the snapshots under template . Select the correct snapshot and proceed

image

Choose the  name for the  virtual  machine

image

Select DVD drive and then empty because you don’t need any media to install this

image

Select the home server for this VM. In my case I just have one XenServer

image 

This indeed gives you option to choose number of CPU and Memory

image

Choose location for disk to be stored. In my case it just have local drive

image

 

Supply network information . In my case it just have only one NIC card

image 

Check the summary before you finish button

image

Here is your virtual machine up and running from snapshot. This looks cool to me since I did not find anywhere that you can create VM from snapshot.

image

No comments: